Last updated on
1 tablespoon cooking oil
20g carrot — finely shredded
20g cabbage – finely shredded
20g bean sprouts
20g glass noodles — soak in cold or plane water for 5 – 10 minutes
4 – 6 pieces of wheat wrappers
1 egg (beaten) or corn starch
Enough oil for deep frying about 3 cups
1 tablespoon – soy sauce
1 tablespoon – oyster sauce
2 teaspoons – sugar
1/4 teaspoon – of pepper
- Preheat oil in the wok over low heat. Add carrot, cabbage and bean sprout. Stir together for 1/2 minute, then add all seasoning and stir well.
- Add glass noodles, stir well to combine all the ingredients , then gas off and put the mixture onto the plate
- Divide the mixture into 4 – 6 equal portions.
- Put the mixture onto the middle of the spring roll wrapper and fold one side over the mixture.
- And pull back slightly and then fold in the edges and roll tightly.
- When the wrapper is roll up brush the beaten egg or corn starch to seal.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and spring roll sheets.
- When you ready to fry spring roll, put the cooking oil into a wok and heat over medium heat.
- Once the oil hot put in spring rolls and keeps turning them until they are turned golden brown.
- Drain well on kitchen paper and serve with plum sauce or sweet chili sauce.
- Can add some mushroom or mince pork or fresh prawn or crab meat into the stuff.
- Can deep fry just 20% then keep in the freeze for 1 week, just reheat by deep fry when you ready to serve.