Last updated on
2 ripe bananas — peel and break into small pieces
2 tablespoons rice flour
2 tablespoons tapioca flour (can substitute corn starch)
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons grated coconut (see notes below)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 – 1 cup coconut cream
- In the mixing bowl, put bananas, rice flour, tapioca flour, 2 tablespoon sugar, salt, coconut cream and 2 tablespoons of the grated coconut.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are good and combined but banana still is in small pieces.
- Put the mixture into cupcake foil cups and sprinkle the rest of grated coconut and sugar on the top.
- Steam over medium to low heat for 20 minutes or bake in the oven (18OC or 36OF) for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Can use pumpkin or sweet potato.
- If you cannot get grated coconut then you can use unsweetened dry coconut but it needs to be soaked in water for about 10 minutes before using.
- Can leave banana in small chunks during mixing.
- Corn starch can be used instead of tapioca.
From the Thai Orchid Cookery School in Chiang Mai Thailand