Last updated on
200 g chicken breast – sliced
1 – 2 tablespoons green curry paste
1 cups coconut cream
1 cups coconut milk
10g pea eggplant or can cook without them
2 apple eggplants quartered or cut in pieces
One handful sweet basil leaves
2 kaffir lime leaves – rip off the stem and torn into small pieces
1 big red chili – sliced
1 – 2 teaspoons – palm sugar or brown sugar or honey
1 tablespoon – fish sauce
- *In case that cook with coconut cream from tin or box, fried green curry paste first with vegetable oil until fragrant then add coconut cream.
- *In case use fresh coconut cream, heat coconut cream in the wok over medium to low heat for let it reduce water until oil is separated then add green curry paste. Stir until fragrant.
- Add chicken, eggplant and pea eggplant then add coconut milk. (The consistency of curry sauce varies with the amount of coconut milk)
- Cook them on medium heat until the chicken is cooked through. Season with fish sauce and palm sugar.
- Add sweet basil, kaffir lime leaves and big red chili. Remove from heat and serve in a bowl.
- Check for seasoning, adding more fish sauce or palm sugar if needed.
- Thai green curry can be made with meat, duck, chicken, fish or vegetables and is usually eaten with rice or fresh Thai rice noodles.
- Can use any crunchy vegetable instead of apple eggplant.